And possibly also yesterday combined, because
1. It is very very hot today. I've not looked up to see how hot, but enough that things are still hot and ugh at 10:30pm. ... Just looked, actual temp is 30C ish, apparent temp mid-20s, but it's totally 30ish in the house right now. Air con for sleeping tonight. At least it's not humid, and I've solidly learned that difference.
2. Yesterday we had a work gathering at work, instead of usual staff dinner. And it was really good -- the weather was great, it wasn't too noisy because it was outside, the food was meat-heavy and delicious and very prompt (yay on-site catering!).
3. Before gathering, co-worker and I strolled carousel looking for an A5 spiral bound notebook for me for work. (srsly, how hard is it to find an A5 spirax notebook? A: Impossible where we were. Not even Kmart or Target had them.) But at work today she'd bought me one (a top bound thing, but so, so feeling the love)
4. When I got home from gathering, samvara had bought and left on my bed a gorgeous present Eating through the zombie apocalypse. It's beautifully put together, funny, and has a CDC-zombie-outbreak outlook to food preparation and emergency cooking/survival. I approve wildly, and am into this.
5. I've give my cold to my co-worker and my housemates. Boo :( On the other hand, there's a shitload of people sniffing and coughing on the train, and at least one other person sick at work, so it's clearly Making The Rounds hard.
Bonus: Got a call from the insurers of my Super income insurance. I called them back, like a grown up, and answered their question honestly, and they're like "yeah, that's fine, thanks." sooo it seems like I'll have the income protection insurance I want, I hope \o/
Waking up strong in the morning...
walking in a straight line
- 5 things about today