1. I got myself out of bed to go to the beach, and drove samvara and Kiba to said beach. samvara guided me through parking with cars on either side. Still not something I'm comfortable doing alone, but I did it! Kiba was so well behaved, and the water and weather were wonderful. It was packed at the beach, more people than I'd ever seen usually (hi public holiday). Then cafe for breakfast. Iced chocolates are like food of the gods at the moment.
2. I made a smoothie this morning before we left the house, too; practice for making smoothies when I'm in the morning rush. (long story short: I'd been eating breakfast at work at my desk of a morning, which I was aware was pushing it but boss finally went from 'only during homeroom' to 'no more, sorry'. So! Smoothies. I might battle to find something that tastes 'good', but current recipe:
soaked oats and chia seeds
a little water
big dollops of yogurt
a bit of cottage cheese (apparent 'super secret' ingredient of the foodie websites. I'm not convinced but am going to finish the container anyway)
Mix, then stubbornly apply stick blender.
Anyone have their own smoothie methods?
3. I wrote! I wrote 100 words and then I wrote a little more, and I have half a ficlet. Oh my god.
4. I played Fallout 4 for the first time a few days, too. Have left Piper in Diamond City, and took Nick as a companion because I couldn't find Deacon. Take that 'it's been a while since you did the thing..." anxiety!
5. We've been feeding Kenobi mince to take his meds (wild success), which last round turned out to be amazing-quality beef hamburger patties cos that's what was left at the IGA. They smelled so good raw that I sequestered two for myself, and had one this evening with rice and beetroot 'salad'. A+ life choice, although the rice was slightly hard. Still good.
All in all, an excellent day off. The fact that tomorrow is Wednesday is going to be unbelievably confusing.
(Bonus thing! Women's International Cricket, broadcast on channel 9, on Australia Day. So many women being expert and sponsored and on TV and it took my breath away)
Waking up strong in the morning...
walking in a straight line
- 5 things about today